MHA Annual Conference
MHA Annual Conference
Monday, April 10, 2023 6:00 PM - Sunday, April 16, 2023 12:00 PM (MST)
The annual MHA Conference is home to exceptional instructors, excellent classes, unmatched networking and a week of learning, growth and professional development for heater masons throughout North America.
Cost: $550 per person (double occupancy, 3 meals per day)
Who can attend? This is a members-only event. However, non-members are welcome to join prior to registering for the conference. All attendees must stay in double-occupancy housing on-site or off-site on their own. No campers or pets are allowed on the Wildacres property.
Schedule of Events, Meetings & Hands-On Learning
- MHA Annual General Sessions
- Voting for New Board Members
- Smokey Heater Diagnosis, Presented by Albie Barton
- Masonry Heater Basics & Theory, Presented by Chris Prior, Max Edleson, Derek Kowalchuk
- Masonry Heater Trends & New Techniques in Austria/Germany, Presented by Mario Zauner
- Business Roundtable, Facilitated by Jon Santiago
- Sketch-Up 2022 clinic by Boris Kukolj & Chris Prior (C.E.U. credit 1)
- Vault Oven, Instructor: Jon Santiago
- Squirrel Tail Oven Instructor: Derek Kowalchuk
- Advanced Level Heater, Instructor: Eric Mosier
- Flue Tile Tiny House Heater/Cooker, Instructor Albie Barton
- Beginner Level Heater, Instructor: Jason Temple
- Storey Poles by Tony DaSilva
- Class A Chimney Installation, Instructor: Dave Zeltwanger
- Soapstone Carving, Instructor: Pat Manley
- Concrete Benches, Instructor: Dan Peltier
- Concrete mix design/Glass reinforced concrete by Dan Peltier
Masonry Heaters: Theory and Practice Class ($600 additional fee) - limited to 12 attendees
A foundational course in masonry heater construction and design. This class is designed to help understand how a masonry heater functions, the various designs and construction techniques. It is not intended to give the attendee the impression that after taking this class the student will have enough knowledge to construct a heater. A person’s masonry skills, conceptual ability, regulatory knowledge and other factors are needed to obtain a level needed to safely and professional build a heater.
This class will meet online during Monday, April 3 and Tuesday, April 4, from 7pm to 9pm ET and Tuesday through Friday at the Conference.
The conference registration fee covers double occupancy rooming, 3 meals per day and all hand-out materials.
1565 WILDACRES ROAD
Little Switzerland, NC 28749 United States
Check-in begins at 4pm at the conference headquarters on Monday, April 10.
98 See Attendee List